Kitchen tap - will any fit?

12 Aug 2018
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Rookie quotation but we've currently got a an old kitchen tap that is completely knackered. I'm fairly sure it's this one:

But we'd like a slightly different one, probably something like this:

Are most taps transferable or is there anything specific I need to look for - i.e. I've no idea if it's a high or low pressure system.

Any wisdom much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Hello Matt,

Most monobloc taps are interchangeable for a kitchen sink, so yes it should fit. Your system pressure is based on the cold mains entering the property and the hot water system - open vented gravity fed tank and cylinder setup (low hot water pressure) unvented cylinder setup (high pressure hot water) and a combination boiler which is fed from the cold mains and heated up delivering similar to that if mains pressure.
Last edited:
All mono kitchen taps will fit onto kitchen sinks ,but the pipework to the tap may need slight alteration.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local