Kitchen Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks....I recently painted my kitchen cupboards and have to say they look fab. What I would like to do now if paint the tiles....I know most of you will be saying why dont I just put new tiles on, but some of the tiles are in very difficult places to reach, and my kitchen extractor is fitted around the tiles so I dont really want to start disturbing all that, so that leaves the only option of painting them. I went to my local B & Q store, and found a paint by Ronseal that is specifically for painting kitchen tiles......the thing is they only do a small range of colours, so I wanted to know......do I have to use a paint that is specifically for tiles?......if I was to give the tiles a primer first and then two decent top coats, could I not use another good brand name paint say Dulux etc? so long as i make sure its oil based.

any help or advice would be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
Before buying or applying any paint, why dont you post pics of the tiles in question and the difficult area(s)?

Why would you imagine that professionals and DIY'ers almost unanimously say "Dont paint tile"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back