Painting over - repairing painted tiles in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

Our kitchen tiles are a lovely sky blue which were painted by the previous owner. The few near the kitchen sink the paint has become damp and has peeled and so the paint and the seal needs replacing. If I cleaned it all up etc can I patch up the paint without it looking too pants? How do I know what paint best to use without knowing what they used colour wise etc? Or better to put transfers over ones near the sink? So confused. Lol.

Also if we wanted to paint over all the tiles in the kitchen is it possible to do this or would it wreck it? If we can do this effectively then what is the best paint to use?

Last of all I have been told it is good to tile over tiles, if we wanted to do this at somepoint in the future how would it work around the window where the files go right up to the frame?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
I have been advised to try bedec MSP. I have looked and the colours are very close to what our tiles are painted I am just not sure between the 3! There is soft lime gloss, pompadour and lagoon. Also I need to only paint approx 4-5 tiles and so wont need THAT much paint but ideally want to keep some incase of problems in near future.

Another thing is I have been told to completely remove what paint is on the tiles that need replacing with sandpaper and a window scraper, will I end up damaging the paint on the tiles around?

I so wish I had the cash to get all the tiles done but that will have to wait for a few years time!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back