Painting Bathroom Tiles

Sponsored Links
3 weeks ago I had 140 dark brown tiles with light brown flowers on (circa 1978!)
You know...to match the then peachy bath and yellow flowered wallpaper!
My friends uncle lived here...its true!!

Last week when the bathroom was finally finished and I proudly showed it off....they were glossy white.
I have also put little silver swirls on the middle of the odd tile.(from Wilkinsons 1.99 for 6)
Fantastic.
I didnt tell anyone (not even landlord/lady) what I was doing.
Everyone assumed I had re-tiled prior to decorating!
I was well pleased but did tell them my proud secret in the end!
Unfortunately for me everyone loves it that much they want me to do theirs!! Even landlord/lady!!
The paint I used was International Tile Paint.

In my previous house I had black tiles which were taking over the bathroom.
About 3 years ago,not long after moving in that house I painted the odd one and the border (with Johnstones Tile Paint that time)
With four kids fighting and not being respectful to the bathroom they actually wore well.
Not one chip or scratch and believe me they have stuck many things to the tiles!! From bath toys to very sticky labels from shampoo/conditioner bottles etc!!
I moved 3 months ago and I am pleased to say they still looked like new!!

Remember that colour you really want now may be dated in a bit...but surely white is just white in any decade!!!!

Sharon x

PS...Sorry about the novel!!

Can I just ask what steps you took before you painted your tiles.
Did you scrub with sugar soap, did you use a primer?
Ive just finished decorating my downstairs loo which looks lovely apart from the few beige tiles round the sink which stick out like a sore thumb.
I just want to paint them white but wondered if I have to treat the tiles first. x :)

Mate...this thread is four years old..I wouldnt hold your breath for a reply..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back