Kitchen under unit lighting - advice required.

D

dm999

Hi,

I need to fit some under unit lighting to a 1.5m stretch of kitchen units, however, I don't know what type of lighting to use as I'm concerned about the effects of steam, the units are to the left of the hob (which has a hood/extractor) and the kettle is under the run of units.

Looking at some low voltage unit downlighters in B&Q they say to keep away from steam...

Are there lights that can cope with this?, they need to be surface mounted under the units and will be hidden by the pelmet, not recessed.

Any advice would be great - thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have bought the wedge ones from B&Q and are fitting them tonight.Never thought about the steam aspect though, doesn't help you much but thanks for making me aware of it :)

I suppose keeping the kettle spout past the overhang would help.

Cheers,

Co.

I'd be interested to hear what (if anything) it says about steam on the instruction/fitting leaflet.

Thanks.

CO2000 said:
I have bought the wedge ones from B&Q and are fitting them tonight.Never thought about the steam aspect though, doesn't help you much but thanks for making me aware of it :)

I suppose keeping the kettle spout past the overhang would help.

Cheers,

Co.

Sponsored Links
big-all -they're still electrical, fixed and in a kitchen which as i read part p you still need a registered electrician or to notify building control!?! (if thats what you were trying to avoid)

i use any kind of lights. never had a problem with the steam aspect. just for the record, my striplights have been up for about 10 years , got a kettle underneath and like i said , have never had any probs

don't talk wet smithson..

they plug into a socket.. and are therefore portable, they are not hard wired in..

even though they are screwed onto the unit they require no electrical knowledge to install

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back