Kitchen unit supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're looking for some advice with good and reputable kitchen unit suppliers.

I've had a look through previous threads and we were going to try Howden's as well as checking prices with the likes of Wickes - are they reasonable?

Also, I noticed a recommendation of this company on a previous thread but just wondered if anyone had had any dealings with them and what they were like.

http://www.diy-kitchens.com

Our builder had found a site but having done a bit of research, looks like it's one of Vance Miller's operations - so we'll be avoiding there!! Just don't want to get caught out with some dodgy operation.

Any advice or suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Alison

Sponsored Links
One of the biggest problems is actually deciding which design is for you, I think.....Wickes stuff is fine, as is Homebase and much of the stuff that B&Q supply.
If you intend to fit it yourself, then Howdens is (supposed) to be trade only.
Spend some time looking around, and don't be shy to try all the doors and drawers thoroughly. I believe Wickes are offering a good warranty just now.
John :)

I used Benmarx recently , they are part of Travis perkins group.Suppossedly trade only, but require no proof to open an account. Also same thing with Selco if you have one nearby.
Found Wickes quality very poor and B&Q quite expensive, many online suplliers can offer good deals.

Thank you. I'll have a look at them.

My friend's just bought a house that needs absolutely gutted so she doesn't want to have to spend thousands on the kitchen (Wren quote her nearly 7 grand just to supply the units - no appliances!!). Her builder will install so it's just supply only.

I'm tasked with finding them!!

Sponsored Links
The good thing about Howden's is that the carcasses come ready made up.

I like B&Q kitchens, take it away today and all parts are easily replaced. It's just a 3D jigsaw puzzle.

As long as you make all the units using glue then the units will last a very long time. I also glue all the ikea furniture I buy, nothing broken or come apart yet.

Andy

The Benchmarx stuff is ready assembled, this kitchen cost Less than £2000 including appliances.
[A full height F/F unit out of shot to left.]

were thinking of doing our kitchen and have visited the www.diy-kitchens.com showroom in pontefract, the quality is very good and they have loads different sizes and options available.

They come pre built and they are very very reasonably priced.

From what discussed with them they make the carcasses themselves and buy in the doors and accessories from companies such as blum (good quality) etc

Pre-built does not equal well built. Often assembled by minimum wage employee's and judging by some of them, minimum intellect.

as i said i have visited the showroom and they seem well built and well made, they looked far better than over priced magnet.

Thanks everyone. I'll price up what we need from all the suggested suppliers. The builder has said he can get direct from PJH - not sure about them either :confused:

Now the biggest problem is working out how the heck we're going to deal with the massive boxed in bit containing pipework in one corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back