kitchen units and painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure I can find owt on this, I know for standard mdf many say prime but these units are typical mdf units you'd get from MFI that are laminated and I want to paint them all white but although cupboard doors will be easy enough I am worried about the paint not taking to the laminate and also how good a job you can do with paint brush...any tips?

Sponsored Links
Zinsser BIN's the stuff you need, sticks rock solid to shiny/smooth surfaces, ideal for kitchen units and any previously varnished surfaces. Dries dead quick and can be overpainted within the hour. Not cheap but well worth it. Make sure you have some meths handy for cleaning up, doesn't respond to white spirit.

...Or you can get them done quickly and to a much higher standard by a professional Kitchen re-furber for about £10 per panel.

(I know this is a DIY forum, but I've seen some god-awful results from DIY-ers using hairy-sols. :cry: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back