Kitchen units and worktop

U

User

Hello, the decorative panels in my new kitchen are 910mm high and the worktop 40mm meaning the top of the worktop would be 950mm high!

Isn't that too high? I have read the normal height is 900mm and the main sink user is pretty short!

I assume since the panels are designed at that height and have nice rounded edges then 950mm top of worktop is acceptable?

Has anyone else had this problem soomebody must have please tell me what you done please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I'm fitting the kitchen and need to know this before proceeding please somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Colonal I mean the end panel that goes in such places as the end of a worktop where the last item is a washing machine not a unit to hide the washing machine sir yes sir

there over size for a reason,you will have to cut it(possible scribe)to obtain the correct height.

Sponsored Links
You will probably find you need to scribe your end panel to the wall and the floor. When fitting your kitchen, there's no doubt you will find out that terms like 'Straight', 'Level', 'Flush', 'Right Angle' and 'Plumb' acquire new definitions only recognised by builders, and entirely different to the the definitions used in the rest of the known universe.

Okay thanks for the excellent replies gregers and tickly

Yes Tickly I've just started the kitchen and I've already found that!

I'm thinking now I should have bought a brand new high quality level and tape measure!! :oops:

and dont forget the old trick of the builders square.....3/4/5
or cut a largish piece off of a ply/mdf sheet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back