Kitchen Worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a piece of 40mm white worktop from my kitchen that I would like to re-purpose as a sink counter in the bathroom.

It needs trimming for length and depth, as the cabinet it will sit on is not a standard carcase.
The sink cabinet is 1000mm wide and 580 deep, whereas the new worktop is 620mm.

In the counter top are two recessed basins.

I am surmising that the existing worktop can be used as a template. Although the new worktop is thicker, The unit stands on brushed steel adjustable legs and they could be replaced if necessary.

I am having a terrible job trying to find a local guy who could do this job.

Is there a kitchen fitter or similar on the forum working in Stockport who could help?

Sponsored Links
please post pics of the in-situ bathroom counter an basins - show the top of w/t an pics from underneath showin the plumbing?
is the "cabinet" a bathroom vanity?
i presume the basins are drop-in or sit-on basins, not undermount an the w/t's laminate?

just a thought but have you or has she thought about any other changes such as tile backsplash and/or different taps, even a wall cab with lighteddressing table mirror door.
i mention this extra stuff, not to give you the orrors but just so you an whoever does the work now whats what. an any variation stuff is on hand.
my experience of bathrooms an kitchens is lots of changes as work goe on.

Sponsored Links
Here is a picture of the top and one of the front showing inside. The cabinet is made from 18mm marine ply with yacht varnish, but unfortunately it wasn't sealed where the sink cutouts were made and the moisture crept in.
IMG_20181111_020153.jpg

IMG_20181111_020217.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back