Oak kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I am new to this, so hopefully posting in the correct forum.

We are having our new kitchen fitted tomorrow (well that is starting tomorrow), and at the last minute have decided to change our worktops from laminate to wood (Oak), as we have decided to have a wooden floor, rather than tiles.

The question is....

Do I buy a 40mm thick Oak worktop from Howdens, or a 28mm thick Oak worktop from Magnet Trade?

The Magnet worktop is about £100 cheaper, and whilst pennies are tight, I would be happy spending the additional money for the thicker worktop if there were any potential benifits?

Many thanks for any advice about either thickness or supplier.

Regards

Garry

Sponsored Links
Sport - you said "I would be happy spending the additional money for the thicker worktop if there were any potential benifits?" If either is fitted correctly then one has no benefit over the other, apart from aesthetics. Thinner worktop in a big kitchen IMO looks a bit parsimonious but a thick top in a small kitchen will look 'grander' than a skinny one. £100 between the two when you're maybe forking-out £4000, £5000, £6000 ++++ for the whole job professionally (?) fitted is a no-brainer, get a thick one.

Of course, this begs the question why fit a wooden worktop unless you know what you are letting yourselves in for? Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back