kitchen units in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Finding it hard to get exactly what I want for the bathroom, and was thinking of using kitchen wall units instead and putting some legs on them, worktop on the top, and then a sit on counter basin.

Anyone ever done this, and will be be ok?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't see why it wouldn't work, they are all made of the same stuff after all. The only thing to consider is that wall units do not have a gap behind them for pipes, so any pipework would have to be inside the units or buried in the walls

Can't see why it wouldn't work, they are all made of the same stuff after all. The only thing to consider is that wall units do not have a gap behind them for pipes, so any pipework would have to be inside the units or buried in the walls
Thanks for that, just needed it sanity checked.

Pipes shouldn't be too much of a problem, I'll make it work

kitchen wall units usually have handles at the bottom, and base units have the handles near the top, so check the handle positioning on the doors, particularly if it's a 'handle-less' design.

Sponsored Links
Finding it hard to get exactly what I want for the bathroom, and was thinking of using kitchen wall units instead and putting some legs on them, worktop on the top, and then a sit on counter basin.

Anyone ever done this, and will be be ok?
I've done exactly that in our bathrooms. As mentioned above, the pipework needs routed inside the cabinets since there's no void behind them. The one behind my toilet pan needed some customisation cos my waste pipe ran through where the bottom of the cupboard should be.

Edit... Usually the doors can be turned upside down etc for handle placement, or buy doors without handles and fit them yourself.

Kitchen unity don't come with handles fitted they can be fitted top middle or bottom, or not at all. [unless you buy the very cheapest , old style units]
Used ikea cupboard to make up a sink base in white gloss finish, just need to be sure there are no exposed cut edges to take in moisture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back