kitchen waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting a kitchen into the extension where a bathroom once was.

I have a soil pipe exiting the wall, under the surface, into the sewer.

Can I take the kitchen waste pipe straight down to the old soil pipe (and seal appropriately), or does the waste pipe from the sink / dishwasher have to go straight out the wall first, then into a gulley and then into the soil pipe?

Thanks, Jon

Sponsored Links
traps - does this mean an S bend under the sink? or does it have to have a bottle trap?

and how do I put a trap on the dishwasher?

Jon

it can be any style of trap providing it has on

on a dish washer you can use a standpipe they have a trap fitted or a running trap which go's into a section of pipe

as long as any appliance has a trap between soilpipe and appliance.

you need to go to a plumbing supplys and get a mcalpine booklet
they have all the wastes in the book then design your set up and buy the parts.

kitchen wastes can be a bit like krypton factor sometimes

Sponsored Links
Any connection into the stack must be a minimum of 450mm from the drain invert (the bottom of the bend on the end of the stack) & not connected opposite an existing connection. It’s simple enough to do using a saddle clamp; you can also get a kitchen sink waste fitted with a stub pipe especially for connecting the dishwasher drain outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back