Connecting kitchen waste to soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am updating my kitchen and would like to know if the following route for draining kitchen waste water is wise/legal.

I have a first floor bathroom directly above the kitchen with the soil pipe running down the back wall past the kitchen window. Upstairs the sink and toilet discard into the soil pipe. The bath is routed differently and enters the soil pipe at ground level in a boss. There is a spare connection in this ground level boss that is crying out for me to route the kitchen waste straight into.

I am not sure that this is a good idea. Firstly the kitchen is obviously below the flood level of the bathroom so what happens if the soil pipe blocks below ground - I guess the kitchen floods so is this not the done thing? Secondly the branch I want to use is directly opposite the bath branch - could emptying the bath cause issues in the kitchen or do I assume/hope that most of the water goes where it is supposed to i.e down?

I am hoping that I don't need to have a dedicated drain/gully put in for the kitchen.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Secondly the branch I want to use is directly opposite the bath branch - could emptying the bath cause issues in the kitchen or do I assume/hope that most of the water goes where it is supposed to i.e

no you can't connect oppersite another pipe connection as this causes crossover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back