Installing gully in back garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently all wastes in the house (bath, basin and kitchen sink & dishwasher) run into the soil pipe which runs down the outside wall and into the ground.

Next to where the soil pipe enters the ground I have an external tap. There is no drain or gully underneath the tap or indeed in my garden at all.

My question is what is involved in installing a drain / gully next to the soil pipe?

Can a gully be tapped into the soil pipe providing a grid for the tap water to drain into?

Sponsored Links
if it's only for your garden tap to drip into it would be easyer to fit a drain running into a small soak away rather than going through all the agro of joining to soil pipe and the bco

Thanks for your reply seco.

Currently there is no access to the drains via a grate. This means that whenever I clean the windows or have a bucket of water etc that I need to empty, it has to go on the garden.

I thought a yard gully would be useful and wondered how big a job it is to install?

Sponsored Links
Depends on what the underground pipes are made of. If they're plastic, fairly easy, an old saw, a file and some pipe lubricant. If they're clayware then job suddenly gets a lot more difficult....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back