Wastes in bathroom and kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're redoing our bathroom and kitchen. In the bathroom the soil pipe is in the next room which is an extension over a garage and goes straight down. The toilet was connected via a pipe through what was the outside wall before the extension and into one of these

p1063600_x.jpg

it has a cap on the top with a hole drilled in it. The bath and sink wastes are T'd together and connect to one of the holes in the side.

Everything is moving around in the bathroom and all the current wastes leak. If I replace the branch with a 90 degree to take to soil pipe into the bathroom and to the toilets new location can I use one of these on the pipe where it is on its side?

p3243317_x.jpg

to connect the bath.

To connect the shower and sink the wastes will run along the same wall the the toilet is located is there something to connect end to end a 40mm waste to a soil or a pan connector
such as :

p1071931_x.jpg

but with a 40mm connector on the bend that follows the line of the soil pipe?

In the kitchen we have conflicting information from building control. The sink waste will be about 7m long and only have a sink and a dishwasher connected to it. It runs along a wall 5m then through the wall to the outside and turns 90degree then along 2m and into a drain grate. some of this is an existing run and first building control said 40mm is fine as its existing but then said it all has to be 50mm. I can't find the relevant parts in the regs. Any one with any thoughts please add them.

Thanks
Adam

Sponsored Links
Is there a vent pipe elsewhere on the property? If not the stack needs to be vented to atmosphere from the 'T' where the W.C. connects. If there is an existing vent elsewhere I'd replace the 'T' and fit an AAV. (Needs to be above spillover level of highest appliance.) Without some form of ventilation/air admittance you run the risk of problems with odours from the W.C.

Somewhat puzzled though about the bath and shower connections, the outlet from the W.C. wont be low enough to accept the bath/shower wastes unless you're planning on fitting them on stilts??? AFAIK a pan connector with a 40mm boss isnt available, only 32mm, no good for a shower waste. Soil manifold fitted in the stack under the W.C. branch maybe better idea.

Kitchen, first 3m ok in 40mm, then needs to upsize to 50mm. Fit access points for future maintenance requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back