Kitchen - What colour?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to be putting the new kitchen in on Saturday and want to get it painted before hand.

I am going for a high gloss black kitchen, with slate style worktops and want some colour in the room.

I was thinking about painting one wall a colour, and the rest something simple, white, creame etc.

Any ideas, of even better pictures would be appreciated.

Sorry, proppa bloke, no ides of colour etc.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You might be better off asking a proppa bird mate...

Wheres Spice when you need her? ;)

Never mind spice ;)

Ceiling B/ white.

Walls...Dulux Marble white.

It's only a bit of colour but........... enough with black..and it's warm.

Typical bloke...safe option :rolleyes:

(which is why I didnt answer!!)

Sponsored Links
Well Zampa, what would you suggest.

I'm up for any ideas.

Was thinking a red wall to be honest, may look wrong tho, I've got no idea.

cramman said:
Well Zampa, what would you suggest.

I'm up for any ideas.

Was thinking a red wall to be honest, may look wrong tho, I've got no idea.

What he said lol..

Or somthing like that..neutral, not too much colour

Possibly something with a touch of green...red and black, white, bit retro 80's IMO

Dulux Salisbury Stones 3. It's what we have in our kitchen and is a lovely calming creamy, greyish green, quite neutral. It would look lovely with gloss black.

However if you look on the Dulux site it looks nothing like the actual colour, maybe it's just my screen calibration :confused:

amandaclegg said:
Dulux Salisbury Stones 3. It's what we have in our kitchen and is a lovely calming creamy, greyish green, quite neutral. It would look lovely with gloss black.

However if you look on the Dulux site it looks nothing like the actual colour, maybe it's just my screen calibration :confused:

Or your eyes ;)

Cheers everyone.

Even the colour on the website looks good.
Do like the idea of going for a retro type look with a modern kitchen though. Could look pretty good.

Well colour fashions repeat themselves in the same way as clothes do...maybe by next year red black and white could be ultra trendy...my only reservation about grey based greens is they may make a dark room look drab is it north or south facing?

The kitchen in in the extension bit of the flat. Which benefits from 2 windows. One is north and the other is south facing.

Therefore, in answer to your question, both north and south. :LOL:

Can you move em to east west?

The glow of sunrise then the glow of sunset (with the rain in the middle)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back