Kitchen wiring advice please

Also assuming the cables comprising your ring final have a current carrying capacity of not less than 20A under their particular installation conditions.

Basically, do they pass through any thermal insulation (walls or ceiling), any trunking or conduit?

Sponsored Links
How can I ensure the circuit isnt unbalanced. The extra wiring to and from the fused spurs will only add to around 2 metres, With a metre running vertically from each of the 3 fused spurs to the flex outlets supplying the appliances. The new section will be feeding in this order, cooker hood, washing machine, and dishwasherThe downstairs ring consists of 6 double sockets and one single.

Sponsored Links
Basically, do they pass through any thermal insulation (walls or ceiling), any trunking or conduit?

Where did you find the current rating for 2.5mm T&E installed reference method B?

Where did I find it? I didn't look. I merely pointed out that cables installed on a 30/32A ring final should be capable of carrying 20A under their installed conditions.

On checking my ground floor ring is operating on a 16A MCB. Will this cause problems with having two high load appliances on it?

On checking my ground floor ring is operating on a 16A MCB. Will this cause problems with having two high load appliances on it?

Yes, it may well cause problems and isn't really suited for a kitchen enviroment.
Is it a ring or two radials leaving a 16A MCB?

I'll open it up tommorrow when there is a bit more light. How can i tell if its a radial as opposed to a ring?

If it turns out to be on the ring what kind of modifications would be required to make this circuit suitable, and if its a radial am looking at having to have it made into a ring?

Where did you find the current rating for 2.5mm T&E installed reference method B?

Where did I find it? I didn't look. I merely pointed out that cables installed on a 30/32A ring final should be capable of carrying 20A under their installed conditions.

OK, I just thought you might have found the current ratings as I can't. Although pretty well every other cable is down rated in conduit and trunking it appears (to me) that T&E is not

♠

OK, I just thought you might have found the current ratings as I can't. Although pretty well every other cable is down rated in conduit and trunking it appears (to me) that T&E is not

I've just had a look and am as baffled as you :confused:

Right i've tested the downstairs circuit and I can confirm it is a ring. Can i replace the MCB for a 32A or maybe a 20A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back