Kitchen Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a friend that is putting in a new kitchen in an extension that currrently has no power. He is putting in a cable for the cooker, direct from the original source, but wants to create several sockets by running an extension from a socket in another room. This all sounds dangerous to me?

Sponsored Links
check out part p on these forums. then get an electrician.

I bet your "friend" has not heard of part p

i meant you should search for threads called "part p" here in the electrics forum. and for your refernce (as you are new,) you may want to see forum information it is very useful

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help re the forum. My first time but looks useful so far.

It is a friend, and not me. I went round this morning to offer some advice on Kitchen units, and he then told me his plans for the wiring. I will advice him on the electrician route.

Depends what he means by extending from an existing socket. If he means enlarge the socket ring and bring it through the new kitchen, then possibly fine.

Generally it is nice to give a kitchen its own supply. But presumably there is a kitchen already. Is he effectively moving its power across?

Or might benefit from a nice spanking new ring for the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back