Kitchen Worktop dent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have searched for how to fix a dent in a worktop, but I couldn't find anything. Can you help please?

RIMG0006.JPG

RIMG0007.JPG

Some idiot dropped a hammer on it.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Well, you could try pulling the dented piece of laminate out (try lifting it out with a craft knife, if that doesn't work then a dab of superglue and a bit of wood).

Once its out, fill the area behind it with PVA glue, stick the laminate back down, and weigh it down with a piece of glass, so you can check its still in the right position. Wipe off any excess glue as you're sticking it back.

Once its dry, use a razor blade to lift any dry glue, and a bit of fine sandpaper around the edges. You might have to coat it with a tiny bit of varnish to stop water getting in.

Sponsored Links
The Neighbour of The Beast, 665

Now, that's cleared something up for me - I was under the impression that his neighbours were at number 664 and 668; and number 665 was over the road from the Smokey House.

So it sounds like its a pretty fancy neighbourhood then - big detached five bed places set in half acre gardens at least. Mind, you can't really imagine Mr. B.Bub living in a back to back, can you? I mean, it would hardly be worth doing all that bad stuff for all eternity if it only got you a two up two down mid terrace.

So I'm guessing his place has a lot of chimneys?

The fuel bills must be dreadful worry for him.

It would be well worth his while getting some more insulation in the loft, I should think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back