Kitchen worktop edging trim.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just trying to work out the best way to trim back the edging strip on a melamine kitchen work surface.

I've tried a few things but end up with a rough finish.

Whats the best way of trimming it down, its about 5 mm deeper than the worktop and I'm going to attach it using contact adhesive.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Sponsored Links
Trim it once it has been fixed, not before. Use a router with a laminate trimming bit for best result. Otherwise its file and sandpaper or very very sharp trimming knife.

Nstreet,

Thanks for that, the router option sounds like it will give the best finish so I'll go with that.

Kev

Aother way to do this is with a stanley scraper, but make sure you use an old blade. Put the scraper on the worktop an scrape the excess off. Use the scraper at 45 degrees so that it touches the worktop before the laminate

Sponsored Links
Aother way to do this is with a stanley scraper, but make sure you use an old blade. Put the scraper on the worktop an scrape the excess off. Use the scraper at 45 degrees flat on the worktop so that it touches the worktop before the laminate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back