Kitchen worktop edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a short length of worktop in my utility room and I'm left with a bare edge. I have a strip to stick on to this.
What is the best glue to use and what is the best way to trim off the edges to get a neat finish.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
All the edge trim I've ever used has heat soluable adhesive on it; just iron it on using an old tea towel under the iron. When it's cooled down, trim of the excess with a sharp craft knife & lightly sand with fine (250 grit) wet & dry paper.

If it's not the iron on type, you will need contact adhesive. Paint the edge of the worktop and the trim with a thin even coat.

Allow to go off for about five minutes and then press into place. Iron on with a piece of wood for maximum adhesion.

Trim with a very sharp chisel or Stanly knife. File with a very fine paper of metal file.

once stuck,use a piece of timber at about 45 degrees and run the timber along the trim and it should just snap of,then use a file to smooth down.

Sponsored Links
contact adhesive, give both the trim and the end of the worktop a coat of it, leave it to go tacky, then fit it on.
Sorry just read your post John, just as John said.
And rememeber when filing the trim down, sand in and upward motion from the end of the worktop, to prevent damaging the worktop surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back