Kitchen worktop Radius Corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm replacing old worktops with new ones and I have a radius corner on the existing worktop.
When submitting the details of the radius corner to the new worktop firm they tell me to mark from from the point where the edges start to curve to get two lines to intersect and state it will be the same distance on both lines however mine are not...

Heres my measurements..

vertically it's 208mm and horizontally it's 174mm, heres a pic.. So how to I get an accurate figure of the radius/diameter to give to the worktop company please?

Attachments

• IMG_9640.jpg
    IMG_9640.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
Sponsored Links
Does it matter? I.e. Cupboards underneath that would be compromised by using a true circular curve? Presumably they need to mark a point for a radius
I would ask the company.
Also double check your measurements

I read in many online help articles that the distances should be the same across both axis, is it common for them to be different lengths then?

It may well be that the fitter just used a handy tin to draw around and cut the old top by hand?
The worktop company may only be able to do straight lines or curves based on semi circles.
I.e. A fixed radius.
If the curve is an overhang, can you live with something between 208-174?
Try a couple of bits of card and draw the curves with a pencil and piece of string.

Sponsored Links
In your pic it looks as though your lines aren't at right angles to their respective straight edges. That would account for the measurement difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back