Kitchen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, was wondering if anyone could offer me soe advice.
We are moving into a new house tomorrow and need to chop out a kitchen cupboard to house our new cooker.
How easy is this and could anyone post instructions/point me to a how to guide for getting this done.

Or

Does anyone know of anyone who could do this in the Liton Keynes area who is not too expensive?

Sponsored Links
Welcome to diynot

What do you mean 'chop' out.
Is it a cabinet or a cupboard.
If its a cabinet, then its a screwdriver job, remove doors, have a look at where its screwed & remove, is there a worktop.

If its a cupboard, then you will need to make good after its removed & if you not a DIYer, then maybe you will need a tradesman.

Ask your new neighbours, its a good way also to get to know them.

It is a cupboard and counter. There is already a space for a cooker but ours is a wide cooker (range type) and so needs a bigger space.
I would like to attempt it myself.
It is cheaper that way! LOL
Plus I have done som DIY recently and have been getting better.
How hard would you say it is??

I think you mean cabinet, Taht will be easy to remove, but if the worktop is a long lenght & you need to remove 500mm, then you will need a Jig saw/ power saw & it wont be easy cutting it straight.
But saying that if you cant cut it straight you can buy an L shaped edging strip in alli to cover it. Is this just a bodge type job till you get yoursef moved in, if its not it might still be worth getting a price from a tradesman.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back