End peice for Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya. Before i go wading in and knackering my kitchen i thought i would post for some advice.

I want to take out an end cupboard in my kitchen (next to a gap which houses the tall fridge freezer) and make space for a dishwasher. The best way i feel to achieve this is to take the cupboard out and put an end piece below the end of the existing worktop.

how hard is this to do and can you give me instructions on what to do?

Paul.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to locate and remove screw securing the unit to the worktop, remove any kick-board and wind up the legs, this will indicate if the unit is secured to the wall if it is not then you should be able to remove cup'd intact, or if still fixed remove screws to rear, may have cut out panel to access screws.
You can then either buy an end panel to match existing units and use it to support the worktop or use a leg [available in diy stores] if you want it left open.

If you cant bet an end panel to match, you can use white faced mdf & fix that or ply.
Its an easy diy job, if you can do diy.
If its something that you want then no harm in giving it a go.
If you do buy mdf/ply you can get it cut to size.
Lots of fixings about, go to b+q (there are others) & have a look or ask a man with an orange apron.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back