Wood worktop end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Just doing the last piece of wood worktop in the kitchen.
This part butts up against a tall cupboard.

how would you end the joint.
Im thinking straight cut as possible with the circ saw, and maybe a bit of planing /sanding to flatten if needed.
But how about the end join against the cupboard gloss panel. Mitre seal the gap?

worktop_end.jpg

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Decor panel to cupboard, then butt join , don't touch end grain with a plane it will chew it.
Hope you have sealed the underside before fitting.

Decor panel to cupboard, then butt join , don't touch end grain with a plane it will chew it.
Hope you have sealed the underside before fitting.
Hello @foxhole, what do you mean by decor panel. We have a laminated panel that would go between the cupboard and the worktop. I assume that is it?

So I just have to get the straightest edge possible, and seal it with mitre seal silicone or something to stop any water ingress?

OP,

google - "cutting laminate counter top" and use the advice and vids on show - how useful they are I dont know but there's plenty of them.

note: you dont leave gaps and you seal the raw cut end with an edging strip.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back