Kiwi Shoe Polish discontinued

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"After a thorough evaluation, SC Johnson (SCJ) has decided to exit the Shoe Care business in the UK in order to redirect our investments and resources to the company’s strategic businesses and initiatives. With this decision, Kiwi will no longer be distributed by SCJ in this market.”

Sponsored Links
Pick another brand?

I think its similar to neck ties. People don't wear smart shoes as much.

Pick another brand?

I think its similar to neck ties. People don't wear smart shoes as much.

When I worked for a bank, we had to wear suits, ties and dark leather shoes. Hair had to be tidy and beards not too long. The rules stated that you weren't allowed to start growing a beard. Went into my local Nat West recently and the male cashier was wearing a t shirt. An otherwise attractive female cashier in Lloyds has one of those hideous arm tattoos that looks like a sleeve. I suppose this reflects society as a whole.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is that cultural appropriation?

Perhaps their ending the UK market was part of Liz Truss's Trade Deal.
Was Cherry Blossom one of her financial backers?

Second-born wears leather football boots, rather than the plastic stuff that is default nowadays.

A thing of beauty; a pair of freshly-shined Copa Mundials (y)

When I was in South Africa, one of the car cleaners in the workshop was the blackest skinned person I had ever seen and have ever seen. All the other blacks called him 'Nugget'. When I found out it wasn’t his real name I asked why. They told me they called him Nugget after a particular brand of boot polish. I’ve just looked it up and 40 years later they are still selling it. https://www.pnp.co.za/pnpstorefront...ack-Shoe-Polish-100ml/p/000000000000224599_EA

When I worked for a bank, we had to wear suits, ties and dark leather shoes. Hair had to be tidy and beards not too long. The rules stated that you weren't allowed to start growing a beard. Went into my local Nat West recently and the male cashier was wearing a t shirt. An otherwise attractive female cashier in Lloyds has one of those hideous arm tattoos that looks like a sleeve. I suppose this reflects society as a whole.
Each to their own but I do wonder if the current trend to get multiple tattoos will be exactly that, a trend that will pass.

It's part of my Sunday ritual to put a shine on m'brogues. Glad i just got a fresh tin to last me a while...then i'm back to old fashioned spit n' polish, i guess.

Sponsored Links
Back