Knackered concrete roof tiles.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I'm having an extension done and so I need new roofing which is giving me a problem, as the new tiles will look odd alongside the old knackered ones.

So, my options are to either re-roof the lot(expensive)/lay the new tiles in matching but knackered reclaimed tiles/lay new tiles on the extension and then spray the lot with something.

I'm thinking about the latter, but don't know which way to turn as I'm sure there's plenty of cowboys out there in that game.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Could get the old ones pressure washed & then allow the whole lot to re-age together. Pressure washing will not bring them up like new as they are also likely to have faded but the difference should be less noticeable.

Another useful trick for extensions under the existing roof line is to move enough old tiles from the back to the front so they all look the same & put the new ones out the back where they are less noticeable.

Could get the old ones pressure washed & then allow the whole lot to re-age together. Pressure washing will not bring them up like new as they are also likely to have faded but the difference should be less noticeable.

Another useful trick for extensions under the existing roof line is to move enough old tiles from the back to the front so they all look the same & put the new ones out the back where they are less noticeable.
Thanks for the reply Richard C. The old tiles have absolutely no colour left on them at all, just concrete colour now so they will always stand out a mile. So I'll have to do something eventually ie reroof the lot, spray the old tiles etc.

You could always identify one of your tiles, then have a look on fleebay or reclamation yard.

You would be surprised how many people offer old tiles for FREE just to get rid of them

Sponsored Links
Has anyone had any experience of paintiing/spraying old roofs?

Concrete tile all start to go aneamic after a while.

Give it a couple of years and they wont stand out as they do now.

there is a good guy out there Called - - - - - - - - - -- . not sure but I think there in |Cheshire and cover most areas. - - - - - - wewb site I think

Hi there, I'm having an extension done and so I need new roofing which is giving me a problem, as the new tiles will look odd alongside the old knackered ones.

So, my options are to either re-roof the lot(expensive)/lay the new tiles in matching but knackered reclaimed tiles/lay new tiles on the extension and then spray the lot with something.

I'm thinking about the latter, but don't know which way to turn as I'm sure there's plenty of cowboys out there in that game.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

you can make a mixture of milk and water which will encorouge moss if you spray this over the new tiles moss will grow quicker and in turn hide you new tiles ..shaun m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back