Knock down internal walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have no DIY knowledge at all and am wanting to make some home improvements. But first i would like to know prices please.
One job is knocking down some walls in the home. One wall is between the kitchen and dining room (no radiators on the wall) to create an open plan kitchen diner.
The other wall is between living room and hallway to create a larger living space. This wall has a radiator on either side.
Neither i believe are load baring walls.
Can someone explain the process i would need to follow and how much these jobs would be. Obviously cheaper the better and if i could knock the walls down myself i would, but i would like the jobs doing properly.
Also is there anything i need to apply for before these jobs get done?
Many thanks
K

Sponsored Links
Kelly i am sure a bulider will be nosing soon but will guess they ask for some pictures of the areas. And what is directly above the walls you want knocking down as they maybe supporting walls for ones above or may have ceiling/flooring joists on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back