Knocking noise!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1994/95 Audi 80 which has developed a knocking noise that increases in frequency with engine speed, however the noise will stop if I depress the clutch pedal. It sounds like it is coming from near the passenger side front wheel. Any help would be welcome. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't say if the knocking noise is there only when travelling,check the gearbox mountings first,

hi ref youre knocking noise does it sound like clicking worse when you turn a corner if sounds like outer cv joint or if it drones at speed could be wheel bearing . :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It makes no difference when I turn a corner. It stops when I depress the clutch peddle so maybe it could be the driveshaft?

if stops when you depress clutch it could either be clutch bearing /layshaft in gear box or diff bearings .if you dip the clutch when moving does it still do it ?if not it would be one of the above if no experience in clutch or gearbox removal would recomend garage to check it for you .and would say dont drive much more as could cause more damage :LOL:

mate had similar problem, turned out it was some christmas paper in the boot...........................................

wait for it

it was wrapping paper

Back