Knocking off K Rend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had a really poor application of K Rend TC 15 on a HPX base coat to the front of our house and we'd like another applicator to do the job all over again. Is it possible to knock off what's been done or not?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
It really depends on the corners, as these'll get damaged when you take the K-rend off of the front. Essentially, it can be removed with a light/medium duty breaker, then stabilise the wall,and start again, but if it goes round the corners, then you'll struggle to get a good join.

Many thanks for the reply. It does go round the corners of the house and part way down the side but it all needs to come off. It's about 70m2 in total.

Ouch, best of luck. But what went wrong. hack it off, reapply a new base coat, and then on with the new Krend. But have you though about EWI instead.

Sponsored Links
Builder employed a poor applicator who just did a shoddy job. I've just had to google EWI to be honest. Can you suggest a particular brand/system for me to take a look at which you think could cover our poor TC 15? Apparently, we can only either apply more TC 15 over what's been done (which I've been told won't make it look any better) or take it all off and start again.

Who's got to pay for the job. Have a look at Ceresit and Webber, they're both reasonable makes. With Ceresit, you can pick up most of the stuff off eBay - if you've got a good installer, but you've been bitten there.

Cladding it might be easier though.

As always post some pictures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back