KO boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another daft question, are 25mm ko boxes fitted on the surface of my blockwork correct when I will have 12.5mm plasterboard on dabs around them. I thought so, but see so much about chasing them in. :?: My BI is insisting on them being fitted at first fix electrical inspection before the boards go up, but I assume they are removed before drylining and just the wires poked through in order to make the boards easier to fit - or not? Go easy on me if it sounds too obvious to you!

Sponsored Links
bandit1200 said:
Another daft question, are 25mm ko boxes fitted on the surface of my blockwork correct when I will have 12.5mm plasterboard on dabs around them. I thought so, but see so much about chasing them in. :?: My BI is insisting on them being fitted at first fix electrical inspection before the boards go up, but I assume they are removed before drylining and just the wires poked through in order to make the boards easier to fit - or not? Go easy on me if it sounds too obvious to you!

providing they do not stick out from the wall when its finished, they they could be screwed direct to the blockwork

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back