KOTA Skirting Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Me and my dad are doing up a house and we will need to install skirting board and beading around the doors. From past experience wooden skirting board when painted in glass white start to turn yellow fairly quickly.

I walked into my local B&Q and they have a branded Mouldings called KOTA which claims to be colour consistent. Its made of MDF and claims NO More Paint.

It says on there website

"Q: The mouldings in my house are gloss painted and they are turning yellow, if I fit
Kota™ Mouldings will they turn yellow too?

A:Eastman Cerfis™ coating has been lab tested to the equivalent of 1000 hours of UV testing with no visible colour degradation ,Kota™ Mouldings are extremely colour fast compared to gloss paint."

Do you think its a gimmick or have you use them in the past?

Cheers
Paul :?:

Sponsored Links
I haven't used anything like that, but I wonder how much difference in colour it would be when you fill & sand the gaps left by joining one to another? How would you match that? On a plus side, at least with MDF you shouldn't have wood that's warped, seems that most in B&Q, Wickes etc sell badly warped skirting and architrave.

Sponsored Links
These kind of products look good and are a way of reducing painting and discolouration.
I think Kota has it's own colour matched fillers/waxes to fill so that shouldn't be a big issue.
My main concerns with products like these is the fact that doors and other woodwork, specifically door frames/linings, will usually need to be painted and so you never end up with a consistent finish on everything. At least with painting bare timber/MDF, although more labour intensive, you know that you should get an evenly matched colour system that will blend together....and discolour at the same rate if you use an oil based paint!! :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back