L shaped kitchen worktop assembly Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 900mm wide worktop butting up to the end of a 600mm wide wide worktop. I have realised now that getting to both ends of the bolts to tighten is impossible. I think if I can use something to retain the head end of the bolts al under the breakfast bar part, then I can get access to the nut part of the clamps.
Does anyone have ant tips for keeping the bolts in place until they are tight enough to hold it together? using part of a rubber bung or a cork for example?

Sponsored Links
Unika bolts have plastic "collars/wings" which hold them in place until you tighten them.

from memory, some jigs will not cut the channel wide enough for the plastic collar.

Personally, I prefer zip bolts. You only need a 4mm hex bit to tighten them. No faffing about with spanners.

They are more expensive though and don't have the plastic collars.

When I only have access to one side of the worktop. I use a flat head screwdriver to push the bolt upwards whilst I tighten it.

Ahh, the worktop came with some bolts that do not have the screwfix extra bit to hold it in place. Even the zipbolts will be difficult, the end that is not tightened has to stay in place until the other piece can be layed down.
The issue is that the head end will have to be held in place until the other panel can be placed, and I only get access to the last 1/4 or so of the end to be tightened.
I suppose I could use some silicone to hold them in place until it is ready to be tightened.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back