La-Co Cool Gel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used this stuff and is it any good?

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...THZOSFFQ?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=cold+gel

I need to do some pipe jointing approximate 6" underneath a modern plastic/fiberglass bath. I will have a flame mat between the work area and the bottom of the bath, but obviously that is only 12" square so I wondered if I should give the bottom of the bath a spray with some of this too?

Sponsored Links
soldering under the bath has never been an issue for me, i would suggest that you should just be very careful, tidy soldering very rarely needs anything more than a heat mat, don't rely on anything other than that and a steady hand, if you are unsure get a pro in to carry out the work

Ok cheers.
I have done plenty of soldering and have no intention of waving the torch around like a mad-man, I was just concerned about the heat coming up from where I was working perhaps affecting the bath.

Will just go with the heatmat then :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gordon, it's good to know that it does actualy work should the need arise :)

Fingers crossed for the weekend :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back