Labgear Distribution Amplifier LDU604g

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Labgear Distribution Amplifier LDU604G that I cannot seem to distribute Freeview through. We used to have Sky but left so I wanted to see if I could use the distribution amplifier to send Freeview to 3 tvs. I have been unable to get it to work. If I connect any tv directly to a tv then it will work. Perhaps I need a standard 4 way splitter from Toolstation, however I thought I would be able to use the distribution amplifier set to CCTV & UHF.

I've attached a picture of the setup. I also have a Labgear PSM114E/S In-line power supply that can be added in.

0165a6c16c62238bc0d710c311f4a72643f5be9c44.jpg

0140bec938d05f13de27933eb60a131f47f86621ea.jpg

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How have you got the masthead amp powered? Is it via its own power supply unit (PSU) or from the LDU604G?

The reason I ask is because when you said you can get the TVs working, ad then said about connecting a TV to TV, I wondered if you really meant that or did you mean connecting the masthead amp output (via an inline PSU) to one of the TV downleads? hat would make more sense than connecting two RF IN feeds together which is what would happen with say TV1 connected to TV2.

Doubling up on the PSUs isn't going to help, so if you're keeping the 604G, try that powering the masthead amp directly. If that's not practical then fit a DC blocking F plug to stop power from the 604G getting to the masthead PSU.

Re the UHF & CCTV setting vs SAT. You have it on the correct setting. This bypasses the downlink-uplink loop and makes an internal connection instead.

Thanks for your reponse. I was kind of under the understanding that the LDU604G could provide 12V power to the masthead amp? After looking at the instructional diagram I saw that a 12V power supply was optional. So I bought a 12V power supply, I think its a Labgear PSM114E/S.

I configured the Aerial > Masthead Amp > 12V power > LDU604G and with the 12V power out of the configuration. No configuration with the LDU604G worked. The only way I'm able to get Freeview channels is by Aerial > TV. So I've ordered a standard splitter off Ebay.

I will try without the 12 power supply, once more when I get chance. Then I might try your suggestion of a DC blocking F plug.

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I'd try a loop cable from downlink out to uplink in to feed the UHF + CCTV + FM/DAB signals on to the four outputs... just in case that switch isn't working correctly and doing the link joining?

There is significant gains in the paths though: +2dB UHF in-down +8dB uplink and +/-(sic) 6dB to the outputs: That's 16dB gain. https://www.labgear.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/LDU604G_8G_IM_V1_1_ol.pdf I see no mention of how to adjust the gain of the outputs to 0 or - 6dB.

Add on whatever gain this LM12V (or is it the LM125V, with 12-25 dB variable gain?) and there's potential for overloading of TV tuners when the distribution amp is in circuit and if the aerial has decent gain, is outside, and in anything other than an almost fringe signal area. Not that I readily suggest overload as an issue - it's relatively rare.

The LDU will auto power the masthead if connected to the aerial amp output. It will see a short when connected to the output of the labgear PSU and shut down that 12V from the LDU's UHF in connection (and may signal that fault mode via the LED on the case, but again no mention of such in the manual)?
The pus has similar short circuit protection https://www.labgear.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/PSM114ERP_IM_V3_2.pdf I believe the led goes out when it detects a short but may have 'waning powers' on such details ;) i.e. I may well be wrong.

Nearby postcode would allow estimate of signal (field strength) levels via something like Wolfbane? (Along with aerial type/gain and confirmation of the mast head gain). The accepted standard to aim for in signal level to receivers is 45 to 65 dBuV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back