Ladders ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy a double extension ladder for work around a two storey house, so what length do i need to get, and where is the cheapest place to buy these?

Sponsored Links
Anything that extends to around 6.5m will comfortably allow access to the guttering of most 2 storey properties. However, if the ground surrounding the area is a fair bit lower than the threshold, or you want easy access to the roof, then you will need to take longer ones into consideration.

Last time I was there, Wickes had some good prices on their domestic ladders, one of which I've had for many years. Mine only have a weight limit of 15 stone but have held my previous 17½ stone, plus equipment, comfortably. I also have an 8.7m set of trade ladders (not Wickes) which just about allow me access to the top of a gable end when using a stand-off.

The professional/trade ladders are sturdier and will hold more weight but are a fair bit heavier to move around.

sorry to butt in here but when you intend to purchase a set of ladders never buy cheap.

Dec

Sponsored Links
I don't know if they have selco builders warehouse in NI, but they were knocking out titan branded trade rated ladders at about £100 inc. VAT recently.

You are spam, spam boy

Please ignore - posted in response to a (deleted) spammer. Alternatively, just play the clip and sing along...

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back