Lamder Sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked at some points brought up before with great interest. My Punto has just failed the MOT and it failed on the Catalytic Converter amongst other things and I was advised by the garage that if I changed the Lamder Sensor it may do the trick. Does anyone out there have any idea on how much this is worth trying as a possible solution.

The other stuff I can get done possibly much cheaper by a very competatnt mechanic I know.

The total bill for the MOT was over £800 of which the converter was most of that it would perhaps seem worth a try perhaps. Cant see the point in a converter from a scrape merchant unless it was from a low mileage car so may need to scrape the car otherwise as car is S-reg and perhaps not quite worth it.

Sponsored Links
if the emissions readings are pointing towards a duff sensor it may be worth taking it out and cleaning it,sometimes works,if not a new sensor should be inexpensive

Sensors start at about £25, after market cats can be had from £40 new.

Sponsored Links
if the emissions readings are pointing towards a duff sensor it may be worth taking it out and cleaning it,sometimes works,if not a new sensor should be inexpensive

Thanks very much its should be worth a go as I should be able to get the rest of the work done cheaper.

Did you use Tesc* petrol :?: at some time before MOT......that shyte killed hundreds of lambda sensors :evil: including one on our pug......but it was under warranty :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back