Laminate complete flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine wants me to laminate her complete flat.

Is it safe not to use any thresholds to divide each room. My concern being that if I tried to fit the pieced throughout the flat without thresholds all the walls may not be square with the first one then there may be a problem with the laminate being a few inches out once I get to the other side of the flat.

Any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
GeeMan said:
A friend of mine wants me to laminate her complete flat.
A steamroller should do that :LOL:

To be honest I don't think you will noticed it if it does run out of line unless the laminated floor is a tile pattern finish which show the grout line,but check with the manufacter instruction for how far span you can have before expansion gap.Make sure you have 3/8" (10mm) round the edge of the walls for expansion.You could also check the walls for square & parallel.

My laminated flooring in the hall run out 1" out of parallel but doesn't noticed but some laminated flooring colour are more noticeable than others.

Has she checked her lease/rental agreement to see if she is OK to lay laminate in the flat? Quite often it is not allowed, for obvious reasons.

Symo

She owns the flat. Symo could you tell me why some landlord don't like laminate?

Sponsored Links
GeeMan said:
could you tell me why some landlord don't like laminate?

My guess would be you can't get access under the flooring (only glued type,not click it type)

GeeMan said:
She owns the flat. Symo could you tell me why some landlord don't like laminate?

Noise!

Even if she owns the flat there could be covonants or lease clauses regarding hard floors. Quite common I think. If you've ever lived in a flat below someone with laminate floor you'd know what I mean. I've got a friend in this situation and the racket was unbelievable.

Symo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back