Laminate Flooring All Over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am renovating a flat at present and want to lay laminate flooring all over except for the kitchen and bathroom. Is it ok to carry the flooring through each door threshold or shall I leave an expansion gap and finish it with a threshold strip, obviously it would look better without a strip but was just wondering of any pros and cons of fitting it one way or the other, any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
you must leave an expansion gap all round of approx 2mm a mtr otherwise you will get tenting
you wont realy notice threashold strips if they line up with the door

if you think youll be ok without them fine ;)

but you wont :LOL:
and the minimum gap should be in accordance with the manufacturers instructions usualy about 6 to 9mm all round

HIGH said:
Hello all,
I am renovating a flat at present and want to lay laminate flooring

Renovating for profit or renovating to live there yourself?
If for profit (as in property development) it might be worth 'upgrading' the laminated flooring to Wood-Engineered flooring (solid top layer of min 3mm on backing). Melamine Laminated, however clever they make the finishes nowadays it is and always be 'Plastic'. Wood-Engineered flooring 9 out of 10 times increases the value of the property (if installed properly of course).(source ICI Woodcare)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back