Laminate floor expansion gap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am laying laminate flooring upstairs throughout our extension and refurb. Dont worry there is plenty of insulation!

Have been working through it methodically leaving 10mm gaps all round etc, though I have concern over the expansion issue raised in the instructions. It states that a 12-15mm gap is required for expansion every 7 metres, which conveniently happens at one doorway threshold. if I do this, and install a laminate threshold at that point, which have an overlap which 12mm either side of centre, and I fit the laminate so the cut edge is 6mm under the threshold - surely a gap will appear?

I look forward to hearing your advice!

Many thanks in advance

Patrick

Sponsored Links
Are you installing laminate (the plastic Melamine stuff) or wood-engineered (real wood)?
In both cases the mentioning of 15mm concerns the width of the room being 7 meter, not the length.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back