Laminate floor brand recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I need flooring for the hall and going into the middle living area, which is more like a large hall/hang out area, so heavy traffic zone. All in all about 17.6sqm.

I'm trying to decide between the top range QuickStep Perspective wide in Natural Reclaimed Chestnut, which you can feel the markings on (9.5mm) and the cheaper KAINDL brand in a rustic oak effect, which has a standard texture and is 8mm. Does anyone have any experience of these two brands and even if not, any advice looking in hind sight at purchasing a laminate floor. Maybe you wish you'd spent more on a better one or you have one one brand really good or bad?

I got a first quote back today for 17.6sqm hall and room. £662 for QuickStep all in (underlay, beading, fitting (£140) OR £448 all in for Kaindl. Just looking for some opinions on whether this is reasonable for each and if fitting at £140 is about right for sqm. We are not exactly loaded but I have expensive taste!

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Quick step is a good brand with a good reputation, im afraid I dont know about the other brand you mention. The fitting price seems cheap to me, Around here the date for a hallway is about £12 to £15 p/m2.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back