laminate floor edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am intending to replace the laminate floor in my hall. The current edging is 15mm scotia which looks pretty unpleasant when taking a 90 degree mitre around the 8 door frames.

Removing the skirting and undercutting 8 door frames (with the risk of damaging the skirting in the adjoining newly decorated rooms) is a non starter.
Because the hall is only 1350mm wide i think I can cut the expansion gap to about 3 mm thus allowing a narrower bead.
I was thinking of using a 9mm X 12mm D section quadrant in the hope that it will look better around the door architrave.

I am hoping that you guys can offer some advice as to how you have dealt with this problem.

All advice welcome

Sponsored Links
Remove the skirting, fit the laminate and scribe it around the door frames, refit skirting on top of new laminate with a layer of self adhesive compressible strip seal applied to the bottom skirting edge (keeps out drafts and dust doesn't stick to it, which it does to silicone and the like)...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back