laminate floor in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help with this we are wanting laminate floor in the kitchen but abit worried about splashes has anyone done this?and if so would it be a good idea to put a pva glue in the joints when laying the floor to hopefully stop it swelling if it got wet? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use a green backed laminate - this is supposed to be used in bathrooms as well as kitchens.
Don't pva the joints, just lay the floor on a dead flat surface and you won't see any joins.
Quality laminate withstands heavy traffic really, but will naturally mark if a heavy or sharp object falls on it.
John :)

I would never recommend laminate in a kitchen, seen too many ruined by leaks and spills.

Sponsored Links
I have laminate floor in my kitchen and it works and looks just fine. I woudl recommend that you just need to take care of that but you will need to take care of whatever type of floor as long you want it to look nice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back