laminate floor vs subfloor 4 railing mount

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently finished installing laminate floor on the second floor. Now i need to install a new railing system where the second floor hallway looks over the foyer. Currently the laminate floor ends flush at the drop off. The edge is has not been finished/affixed yet, so those edge panels can still be removed if necessary.

Since the laminate is placed only on a 3'-6" wide hallway, should i still worry about the laminate expanding? The reason i ask is because i would like to mount the newels and shoerail ontop of the laminate for a cleaner look, compared to mounting the newels and shoerail on the subfloor and cutting the laminate to fit around it.

Below is a pic so you can get a better idea of the space. See rendering 1 and rendering 2. Ignore the glass and wood base. That does not exist. Also ignore the other 2 unnamed pics. This pic was from my initial plan that fell through. My only option is to take a traditional railing system route now

47b8df25b3127cceb3616ac8e34100000026100IZOWThq2csV

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back