laminate flooring around a toilet pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas on how to cut laminate flooring around a toilet pan and basin pedestal?? done it before but i cant remember how i got it really accurate (which i did last time!!).

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you either lift enough to slip the flooring underneath and scribe round the waste pipe
or lift the pan enough to get a piece of cardboard [or paper less sucsesfull]cut out the foot print plus 3mm clearence

or make up a half template from cardboard just keep cutting away till the template is the right shape
flip this half over see what adjustments you will have to make against the other side off the pan for the other template[do not cut the origional]the second half will be different as pans are seldom symetrical

thanks mate, I think I did the cardboard template thing last time and it worked fine!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
good luck and ventilate the bog well before putting your nose down there :D :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back