laminate flooring installation issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm new to the DIY world, I recently bought a house and now I have started a few DIY projects. I'm trying to replace the old carpets in the leaving and dining room, so far I have taken all the carpets and old underway out, also I went for new skirting boards, so I removed all the existing once. Now I can see that there is a 3-4 cm gap between the plasterboard and the floor which is about 2 cm deep (to the brick wall). So, my issue is how to approach the installation ? Do I fit the Laminate under the plasterboards, trying to fit the expansion spacers in the gap, so there is 10 mm gap between the wall and the laminate boards? Or do I need to fill this gap, or glue some wooden sticks under the plaster boards so I can position the spacers against them, so I can lock my laminate ? Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would fill the gap and then you can put spacers down and have the correct size between the laminate and the wall

screw down a batten to work off. When you have got to the other side then remove the batten and install the last row.

You will also find it easy to centralize your cuts both sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back