Laminate flooring on the concrete ground floor

Should be OK then. The thing is, your laminate will need an expansion gap at the edges, so it shouldn't touch the walls in any case.

Sponsored Links
Should be OK then. The thing is, your laminate will need an expansion gap at the edges, so it shouldn't touch the walls in any case.
yes, I will leave the gap.
Is the Sonic Gold a good idea as an underlay? So the cold radiates back to the ground and the warmth radiates back.

We had some rain and the outside humidity is above 72% usually in the 80ties.
On a number of occasions I have checked the humidity at level of the concrete floor and even after some heavy rain it stays at 50%.
I believe that there is already a DPM under the concrete.

For comparison the humidity on the 1st floor is usually about 10% higher than downstairs!? I know there is a bathroom but it is not used that much.

Anyway I am still looking for the right underlayment to put on the concrete.
I have 32mm gap between the concrete floor and doors. and 25mm in the other room (both concrete).

I reckon there is a DPM under the concrete at the humidity at ground level hasn't moved, it's still 50% but anyway most of these underlayment comes with DPM anyway.

I was looking into this:
3mm

5mm Sonic Gold

6mm

10mm (I reckon this is only for the carpet not laminate)

I reckon there is no thicker underlayment for laminate than 5mm.
Sonic Gold has very good reviews.

I reckon I don't need wood fibre boards for this just the sonic gold.

Please let me know if there are any better options or if I am on the right track.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back