Laminate flooring over UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got my new UFH, Wavin/Thermoboard/Hep2O overlay type grooved insulation panels, etc, all laid and up and running and am very pleased with its performance so far. Next comes the final floor finish.

Question is when using laminate flooring, either engineered wood or cheaper mdf type laminates should I be using the underlay offered by the suppliers?

The 'structural' floor is 19mm flooring grade chipboard laid over the UFH so the laminate can be quite thin, in fact 'thermally' the thinner the better, but if I lay it on foam underlay it will reduce the UFH thermal performance considerably which I obviously don't want to do.

So, can I omit the underlay or is there another type of underlay I should use.

Maybe there is a thermally transmitting foam that should be used or maybe thick paper perhaps like cartridge paper, blotting paper or lining wallpaper?

Any experience out there? Thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back