Laminate over insulation and battens.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laminate is springy now..do i need to take it up and put fibreboard down then the underlay then the laminate.......

Sponsored Links
Need more detail....

Is the floor concrete or something else?
What insulation?
What thickness of insulation?
Who recommended you put down insulation and no underlay?

Sounds like you've gone for a solution suitable for proper floorboards (if you've got battens sitting on insulation).

More detai needed, and this post is in the wrong forum, should be in Floors, Stairs & Lofts. Mods, can you relocate it when you get a minute please

It was a garage with concrete floor with tiles, regs needed insulation, so 25 mm celotex between 25 mm battens, then laminate underlay and then laminate,,, have left small gap all around, I feel there should have been a firmer base to lay the underlay on. Then the laminate,

Sponsored Links
Old but not dead,,,, sorry it's in wrong place, I find the site quite hard to navigate,took me ages to get this far...... The insulation is between the battens.

Sounds like you should of boarded before laying laminate , laminate is too thin to lay on its own

What spacings are your battens at?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back