Laminate pack conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help me out here as l'm not good on conversion for laminate flooring.
I have measured a few rooms that l will put laminate flooring into and the total was 45.69 sq m..
The laminate is 1.996m2 (Per pack) and the store l'm getting it from said l needed 19 packs is this correct as l thought it might be 23 packs , is he right as l don't want to be short and find there is none left .
How do you work it out ..

Sponsored Links
You're both wrong. You should allow 10% wastage to be safe, and that would make about 50sqm, so that's 25 packs, and might be best to go for 26, and then take back what's not used.

Doggit the measurements are
Living room. Length 18ft x 12ft width

Staircase.. length 4ft x 3ft

Kitchen ... length 12x 10ft

Conservatory.... 18ftx. 9ft

Now if you'd given that in metres, I might have checked it through, but sod that in feet. Being 4 rooms, you may need more than 10% wastage, so add a few more packs to play safe, and check how you're doing as you go.

Sponsored Links
Just ensure the store takes back unused stock and you will not have a problem.Reconsider the kitchen , or buy extra so you can replace it all when you have a leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back